What To Know For Travel Abroad Students
Studying abroad can be one of the most rewarding and exciting events in your life. But if you are eager to study abroad, there are important basic facts to know before jumping into it. First and foremost, you must plan things properly and ahead of time so that you can attain the best study abroad experience.
7 This to Remember for Students Traveling Abroad
Going abroad for a year or even a semester can seem daunting for you, especially if this is your first time. So if you want to avoid mishaps, accidents and unwanted experience, here are important questions you need to take note of and ask yourself.
- Which airlines are available and which is best for me? – Perform a personal research regarding the different airlines and its rules concerning baggage policies. There are airlines that limit the number of luggage. You also need to consider expenses for baggage. So, pack important things you will surely need when you study abroad, but try not to over pack. Check on the following link for more information on a study abroad packing list.
Do I need to get a passport? – You want to travel abroad; therefore, you will need a passport. When you get your passport, make sure that you get a valid one, so that you’re not stuck in the airport. You can consult http://travel.state.gov for more information.
- How about a visa, do I need one? – Visa requirements vary from country to country, and its regulations change. Whatever passport you hold, if you plan to study abroad, contact your program director for advise on how to proceed. You can also consult the consular services action of the legal embassy for the country you choose to study. Also note that if your planning of traveling while studying abroad then you may be required to have additional visas for those additional destinations.
- When is the deadline of my application? – You must submit a completed Study Abroad Application and any additional paperwork that your program sponsor may require. Take note when the deadlines of submissions are and be sure to submit it on time.
- What country offers the best experience for students traveling and studying abroad? – General facts like cultures, lifestyle and historical information should be noted when you choose where to study. You must beware of the country’s safety and political stability.
- How will I get around the city? – Be familiar with the different places that you will be traveling to when you will attend your studies. Find the safest way to get there. In the hustle and bustle of things in the city, public transportation may become a necessity. Also, familiarize yourself with the traffic rules and regulations if, in case, you drive a car.
- Am I getting the best accommodation? – If you are expecting for a convenient place to live in, you must ask about the services and the accommodations of the house, apartment, hotel or hostel you plan to live in. Make sure also the institution has a convenient path to your university or school and how note many long it will take you to get there. Most importantly, check if the environment is safe and the people around it are friendly.